RACE THE FATBIKE FROZEN FORTY
FEBRUARY 14, 2015 – THE 2015 FATBIKE FROZEN FORTY RESULTS ARE IN!
Thanks to everyone who braved the frigid cold today. We hope you enjoyed the biggest and best Fatbike Frozen Forty yet! Results are in! We’ll post some podium shots and additional detail later, but without further adieu, the results…
Results by Anderson Race Management Timing: http://results.chronotrack.com/event/results/event/event-12036?lc=en
(Note that if you click on the racer’s name on the ChronoTrack results page linked above you can see a short video clip of their finish!)
Congrats to all racers who completed or attempted the Fatbike Frozen Forty this year. Although the trail was in prime shape, the weather was unforgiving. Brave men and women showed grit and determination today.
Additional congrats to the podium finishers:
Men’s 40-mile solo podium: 1) Jeff Hall; 2) Brendan Moore; 3) Jay Henderson
Women’s 40-mile solo podium: 1) April Morgan; 2) Megan Barr; 3) Chelsea Strate
Team 40-mile podium: 1) Spraying Cobras; 2) Wino Fatties; 3) Phatypus
We’re assembling full results including DNS and split times for DNF and will post that as well.
Photos from the event can be viewed here: http://racevista.com/fatbike-frozen-forty-2015/, with more to be added soon.
The 2015 Fatbike Frozen Forty presented by Maple Grove Cycling is a 40-mile winter endurance fatbike race with an unparalleled course, atmosphere, and attention to detail. If you haven’t raced the Frozen Forty, you’re missing out!
Registration has now closed for 2015 and we’ve again reached full capacity at 200 registered racers. We look forward to seeing you all at Elm Creek Park on February 14, 2015. Use the links above to get directions to the trail (it’s on the Champlin side of Elm Creek Park), as well as the full schedule of events.
In 2014, Men’s solo winner Jesse LaLonde became a 2-time Frozen Forty champion (2013 & 2014), and the 2013 women’s 2nd place finisher April Morgan stepped to the top step of the podium to claim the women’s solo title in 2014. Who will win the men’s & women’s classes in 2015? It’s anyone’s guess as the best winter endurance racers come from all over the country to find the limits of their will in racing through 10 miles of groomed singletrack in the frozen tundra of Minnesota.
What makes the Fatbike Frozen Forty Stand Out?
Having started in 2012, we weren’t the first fatbike race out there, but we were at the front of the pack. In the meantime we’ve worked hard to be among the best. Highlights of this race include:
- 40+ miles of beautiful winter singletrack racing (in a lap format)
- Heated tent – we’ve got a 20×40 heated tent for registration, warming up and prizes/awards.
- Organization and attention to details – the Triple F helps define what should be expected at a winter fatbike race event
- Food & fun – a winter event to remember! We don’t expect you to simply show up, race, and pack up. We expect you to get excited before the race, plan for this event all winter, and enjoy every minute of race day. The food, prizes, and atmosphere of the Triple F reflect that this is not just a race; it’s an event. In 2015 we’ve got over 100 burgers, 100 hot dogs & brats, coffee & Tailwind Nutrition for registered racers!
- We’re part of the Great Lakes Fatbike Series
- Since our inaugural year, we’ve had a heated tent, a grill-out, refreshments, breakfast burritos, mechanical support, a fire pit, prizes and race-bag swag, and lots of winter racing atmosphere.
- Amazing prizes for drawings and special awards have been provided each year, thanks to amazing Sponsors. Each year has offered unique perks to registered racers – 2013 included embroidered hats; 2014 provided custom Fatbike Frozen Forty logo water bottle (with Stormy Kromer hats and DeFeet wool socks that could be ordered separately); in 2015 the Frozen Forty provided racers with custom Wisecracker stainless steel bottle openers (that can be installed on a headset)
- Pre-race packet pickup on Friday (February 13th) at Maple Grove Cycling, including store-wide discounts & deals& food. Details here.
- Real-time slideshow of photos at RaceVista.com: http://racevista.com/fatbike-frozen-forty-2015/. The same photos can be viewed on a tv inside our heated tent on race day!
- We believe we’re the first fatbike race in the country to have offered a race-specific winter weather forecast (started in 2013) thanks to 2WheelWeather. See a full-detail 2015 Fatbike Frozen Forty Forecast here: http://frozen40.com/frozen-40-forecast/2015-frozen-forty-forecast/
- The Frozen 40 is known to have great prizes, great sponsor involvement (exhibiting, neutral mechanical support, top-notch photography), and many other highlights that make the Frozen 40 more than “just a race.”
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s Fatbike Frozen Forty!