RACE THE FATBIKE FROZEN FORTY
Fatbike Frozen Forty by Ride Enterprises, LLC is a 40-mile winter endurance fatbike race with an unparalleled course, atmosphere, and attention to detail. If you haven’t raced the Frozen Forty, you’re missing out!
Although the sun set on a successful third year of the Fatbike Frozen Forty (held February 15, 2014 at Elm Creek Park in Maple Grove, MN), we’re getting ready for the fourth year of the event – February 14, 2015. There is still time to register!
Men’s solo winner Jesse LaLonde is now a 2-time Frozen Forty champion, and the 2013 women’s 2nd place finisher April Morgan stepped to the top step of the podium to claim the women’s solo title in 2014. Who will win the men’s & women’s classes in 2015? It’s anyone’s guess as the best winter endurance racers come from all over the country to find the limits of their will in racing through 10 miles of groomed singletrack in the frozen tundra of Minnesota.
What makes the Fatbike Frozen Forty Stand Out?
Having started in 2012, we weren’t the first fatbike race out there, but we’ve certainly worked hard to be among the best. Highlights of this race include:
- 40-miles of beautiful winter singletrack racing
- Organization and attention to details – the Triple F helps define what should be expected at a winter fatbike race event
- Food & fun – a winter event to remember! We don’t expect you to simply show up, race, and pack up. We expect you to get excited before the race, plan for this event all winter, and enjoy every minute of race day. The food, prizes, and atmosphere of the Triple F reflect that this is not just a race; it’s an event.
- We’re part of the Great Lakes Fatbike Series
- Since our inaugural year, we’ve had a heated tent, a grill-out, refreshments, breakfast burritos, mechanical support, a fire pit, prizes and race-bag swag, and lots of winter racing atmosphere.
- Amazing prizes for drawings and special awards have been provided each year, thanks to amazing Sponsors. Each year has offered unique perks to registered racers – 2013 included embroidered hats; 2014 provided custom Fatbike Frozen Forty logo water bottle (with Stormy Kromer hats and DeFeet wool socks that could be ordered separately)
- Pre-race packet pickup at Maple Grove Cycling, including deals, food, and beer.
- Real-time slideshow of photos at RaceVista.com: http://racevista.com/featured-races/triplef2014/.
- We believe we’re the first fatbike race in the country to have offered a race-specific winter weather forecast (started in 2013) thanks to 2WheelWeather.
- The Frozen 40 is known to have great prizes, great sponsor involvement (exhibiting, neutral mechanical support, top-notch photography), and many other highlights that make the Frozen 40 more than “just a race.”
We look forward to seeing you at the Frozen Forty in 2015!